I am an artist at heart, who loves to create in all aspects of my life. I’m passionate about creating spaces for women to come together — whether through dance, meditation or women’s circles — to connect, have fun and be authentically ourselves. I am a particularly strong believer in the simple magic of women coming together in circle.
Following my own passion for dance, I have been offering circle dance and conscious dance for groups of women since about the Fall of 2013. My circle dance and conscious dance sessions are ultimately about fun and connection and are accessible to all regardless of experience. I believe that everyone is a dancer. I also believe in dancing for how it makes us feel inside, regardless of how the outward expression manifests.
Over the years, I’ve taken opportunities to deepen my personal dance and meditation practices and also my ability to hold space for others by completing a number of trainings in different places around the world. While I’ve been fortunate to learn from many wonderful teachers, I believe that we are each our own greatest teacher, and movement and meditation our powerful practices for getting in touch with our inner teacher.
Below are some of the highlights of trainings I have completed:
- Yoga teacher training through the Yoga Sanctuary in Toronto in 2011
- Restorative yoga teacher training with Judith Hanson Lasater in Vancouver in 2012
- Reiki Levels 1 and 2 at the Kripalu Yoga Institute in Massachussets 2012
- Shake Your Soul: the Yoga of Dance Teacher Training (Levels 1 and 2) through the Kripalu Yoga Institute and the Leven Institute for Expressive Movement in Massachusetts in 2013
- Sacred Circle Dance Teacher Training with the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland in 2013
- 4 year spiritual healer-ship program with the Barbara Brennan School of Healing in the United States completed in 2016
Since a lot of my own life’s journey has been about learning to trust myself and finding the courage to dance my own unique rhythm through life, my offerings are about creating spaces for us to be authentically ourselves and empowering us to trust and be true to ourselves.
I hope to connect with you soon. I would love to hear from you. If you are interested in attending one of my dance or meditation sessions in Lumsden, you can reach me at email@example.com